Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bloggers Conference Planning Meeting

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to let you know that Emily and I will be meeting next week to go over a few things for the SEMO Bloggers Conference we are planning on having this summer. Our goal for SEMO Bloggers is that bloggers, or even blog readers, can come together and share ideas or inspiration that one might have for writing. We would like to eventually have designated professionals come to meetings and share tips with the group as well. To help us with our planning, I have a few questions that I'm hoping you'll help me answer.

1. What are some of your favorite blogs, and what about those blogs keeps you coming back to read more?

2. If you are a blogger, is there an aspect of blogging that you could use some help with? Examples could be graphic design, grammatical skills, post promotion, etc?

3. We are planning to have our first meeting this summer at either a local coffee shop or in a church meeting room. Do weekends or weeknights work best for you to get away for about 2 hours?

Answering these questions will greatly help with our planning, so thanks in advance for taking the time to contribute! Keep checking the site for updates, we hope to have a date set soon!

-Les

5 comments:

  1. 1) Some of my favorite blogs are
    http://www.blog.grrrzevske.net- she is a friend of mine but also RIDICULOUSLY funny!

    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.comt - again, so funny!

    http://makeitmad.com/ - Max is insightful and makes me think.


    http://laurennicolelove.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default - she happens to be dating Max, but she's so full of love and encouragement, that I fall in love with her blog posts!

    2)I need help with design. My blog design is pretty good - but I know I need help! Also I would like some insight on how to make it a better community (comments, email, etc.).

    3) If we could stay away from Tuesday nights and anytime on Sundays, that would be great. Beyond that I'm pretty flexible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Favorite Blogs: ourhappilyeverafters.com, kellyskornerblog.com, perfectlypollock.blogspot.com, etc. I love these blogs because they are inspiring, have great taste, beautiful kids, etc!

    2. Graphic design is a struggle for me!

    3. I actually live 3 hours from Cape/Jackson, but visit frequently at my in-laws in Jackson. Weekends work better for me.

    http://mallorybthompson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback ladies! We appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Favorite blogs:
    -todaysletters.com makes me laugh and cry, I love their sweet and honest advice on marriage.
    -abeautifulmess.typepad.com for her cute and punchy style.
    -jillianisinlove.blogspot.com is a blog written by a friend of a friend of mine, I love keeping up with their family and music news.
    -kellehampton.com for inspiration and to share in the journey of having loved ones with special needs.

    2. I am a very creative person. I love art and I'm very aware of many things design, fonts, etc. But I really don't have any clue what I'm doing when it comes to designing my own blog. I'd also love to hear some new ideas for blog promotion.

    3. I could probably do either weekends or weeknights, as long as I know in advance and can plan ahead for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Favorite Blogs:
    -todaysletters.com always makes me laugh. I love getting an inside peek at their sweet love story and reading about their advice on marriage.
    -abeautifulmess.typepad.com for her style and updates on her shop in Springfield.
    -kellehampton.com is great because I can relate to her sweet and difficult journey of having loved ones with special needs.
    -jillianisinlove.blogspot.com is written by a friend of a friend, love keeping up with their family and his tour.
    *I also just love the design of each of these sites, very unique!

    2. I am very creative and consider myself pretty aware and appreciative of all things art/design. However, I'm not very learned on how to design my own site. And since art means so much to me, it kills me to not have a modern, unique blog. So I definitely want help with that!

    3. I think either weekends or weeknights would work just fine for me, as long as I have a little heads up to plan for it!

    ReplyDelete