Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Basic Geocaching Class

I (Emily) am putting together a small "Geocaching for Dummies" Class this Friday at 5pm. We will be meeting up at the start of the bike trail at the Osage Center. I know a lot of people that don't know what Geocaching is so I'm going to take a few hours and teach people about Geocaching. If anyone would like to join I would love to have a group to go with me. 

I am planning on doing a few geocache along the Bike Trail in Cape Girardeau. We will be learning how to do the following:

-finding a good cache for you
-how to operate your GPS
-how to read the description and hints to help find the geocache
-supplies you might need for different geocache
-what to do if/when you find the geocache
-how to leave to geocache
-CITO (Cache in Trash Out)
-rules for geocaching
-basic guidelines for geocache
-types of geocache

If you are interested in coming please let me know by messaging me at jacksonink@hotmail.com or by leaving a comment on here. I hope I can get some partakers. See everyone there! 
 
If you would like to check it out ahead of time the website it www.geocaching.com

You will need to have or bring the following:

-water (it may be hot so bring lots of water to hydrate yourself)
-good walking shoes, there will be some walking involved
-if you have a car GPS you are welcome to bring that. I have my iPhone 4 as well as my car GPS.
-a good sense of adventure and a good attitude


IF IT RAINS WE WILL STILL MEET UP! JUST DRESS ACCORDINGLY

No comments:

Post a Comment